Thursday, March 27, 2008

Heath Ledger By David Lipsky, Rolling Stone Magazine

When I read this article in Rolling Stone, it was at first more out of curiosity.The first time I remember seeing this young man was in the movie ' Patriot'.At the time I remember saying to my husband," that handsome face will go places."I thought we would be seeing him in a lot of future movies. When I heard of his death ,I felt very sad. Like most I wondered what could have happened to such a seemingly healthy young man. I also thought,'Here we go again', the press will drag his name through the mud like 'Anna Nicole' and' Brittany Spears'. Like I said, at first I read this article out of curiosity.I was surprised to find that 'David Lipsky' talked of 'Heath Ledger' in a compassionate manner.He spoke of him as a human being who was a talented, hard working person that sometimes judged himself to harshly.He was a person of simple origin who struggled with ups and downs like everyone else.The article stated that his best movies told a unified story, in chapters, about someone learning how to be. In the movie ' I'm Not There ' he played a man who had- like himself-for reasons he could not explain and couldn't correct, lost his lover, family and home. Even though Heath Ledger had problems ,it was nice to read an article that did not stomp on another human being for being human.

No comments: