Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Death in Slow Motion by Andree Chedid

This story was taken from an anthology called 'Women on War'. Andree's themes involve war and violence that show the devastation of love brought on by those horrors. The moving story was about a young women who is called M. in the midst of a war.She is injured by a stray bullet two differrent times on your intended journey.She is trying to reach an old love who she is to meet at a bridge.It takes her awhile because of the pain of her injurys.She does not make it to him in the end;but a note is deliverd by a kindly couple before she dies.I liked the way the story was written because I could feel alot of differrent emotions as I traveled through the story.I could see the scene playing out.She did not care of her injurys, she only wished to get to her love and to see his face.It talked of the way her body felt,the things that where going through her mind, and the devastation of the buildings around her.I saw this book in the S.W.I.C library and thought it would be interesting .I have really liked the readings in this book.Some would say that it is a little morbid, but I think it helps us to understand what others have deal with in life. I tink that I will try to find her book'A House Without Roots' for further reading.She also has a collection of poems 'Modes Miroir Magies'.

No comments: