Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Death by Caitlyn DeWitt

As we ride in the car the whole family is silent,
The depression is hard to speak of,
I never seen a dead person before and I am not looking forward to it,
But I know when I see you laying there my face will light up one last time,
Even though you are gone forever,
When we finally get there the cold air is stiff on my neck,
When I step inside I can hear an eerie nothing in the air,
The I finally see you lying still in your little box,
I try to move but my legs don't move,
But suddenly I feel a strong push from behind,
They know I want to see you,
When I touch you I try to feel your warmth,
But all I feel is your cold,hard skin,
They tried to make you look pretty again,
I recognize the Revlon lipstick on your stale lips,
Your also dressed up in your best Sunday dress,
The velvet pillow you lay on makes me think of the Christmas dress you made for me when I was five,
Although I've outgrown the dress it still hangs in my closet,
So alone,so forgotten,
I try to cry but nothing falls from my eyes,
And then I secretly wish I was with you,
But I feel,without you I am gone too.

This was written by my Daugther Caitlyn when she was 14.It was an assignment for her English class;but it did coincide with the deaths of her grandmother and an uncle.My daugther Caitlyn has done a few other writings ,she enjoys putting them in a journal .She is a very sensitive person and puts her feelings on paper.She doesn't always want to share them though. Caitlyn won an award for this writing. I am very proud of her and think she did a wonderful job.

No comments: