Monday, April 21, 2008

The Dreamgirls movie My thoughts

I liked this movie a lot,but it was a little longer than I cared for.The plot was the ups and downs of a musical group in the 60's. There was some deceit, a pregnancy,and a lead singer left behind because she didn't have the right look. I think that a lot of what happened in the movie does happen in the music business. It is about the money most of the time.If the right sound and or image is not right the music will not sell. The one thing that I think was not realistic in the movie was the way it ended.There are no groups that I know of, that individuals would later see that someone has been treated unfair and join ranks with them again. The singing was good and the presentation was very good.The song that Effie was singing before she walked out "And I am Telling You I'm Not Going" was done with so much emotion .The critics said it went on to long because you could tell see was lip-syncing.I did not see that at all. I thought her part was well done. My favorite character in the film though was James ''Thunder''Early played by Eddie Murphy. He was such a success in his performing career,until people wanted something new and he was not willing to change his ways in order to please the audience or producers. In the end he lost his love and his life. I think this part was very real to life.

No comments: