Friday, January 18, 2008

What is Quality Music?

I think quality music is a song with a meaning when you need it to be, like hymns while sitting in a candle lit church. I think quality music is a tired old love song from high school that consoles you after a romance has ended. It is quality when you appreciate the instruments defined in Tchaikovsky's 5th symphony. It is quality when it brings you back to a wonderful time in your life like your high school marching song during those cold football games. The song that played in the background of your very first date, the song you chose for your wedding day, the lullaby music box that you played for your baby to sleep by etc.The list could go on and on! And I think that the quality keeps changing for all of us. When I was in high school I gladly "Did The Hustle", and swayed along with the "Dancing Queen''. And in college ''Boy George" and "Micheal Jackson"were among some of my Weird Haired favorites, and even though I enjoy hearing some of those old favorites from time to time I don't have a steady diet of it now.I settle into my Jazz guitar, classical and oldies (late 60's,early 70's). So I think that music is quality when...it is quality to us as an individual.

No comments: